The Texas EMS Roaddocs are always looking for new individuals who want to be a part of the riding club.
Currently there are 3 levels of membership with the Texas Roaddocs:
- Full Member
- Support Member
- Honorary Member
Requirements for each level are as follows:
IN ORDER TO BE RECOGNIZED AS A FULL PATCHED MEMBER WITH FULL VOTING RIGHTS, ONE MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Full Members must have completed their Prospect phase in good standing with the Board of Directors and other Full Members for their state.
- A two-thirds vote is required by the Board of Directors to become a Full Member.
- Full membership in the EMS ROADDOCS RC is open to; Male or female full-time, part-time, reserve, retired EMS or other medical professions. In addition, anyone who has a CPR card and is employed with Law Enforcement, Military, Fire Department or Civil Defense also qualifies for full membership.
a. If a Full Member that is unlicensed or uncertified as a medical professional they are not permitted to wear their club patch/vest unless in the presence of a medical licensed/certified Full Member (Art.III, Sec.X); unless, they are Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Department or Civil Defense.
b. Any requirement can be overridden by the Executive Board by a two-thirds vote.
- A Full Member of the EMS ROADDOCS RC will have a state license in the medical field. An individual healthcare provider (also known as a health worker) may be a health care professional within nursing or allied health professions. Health care providers may also be public/community health professionals. These individuals work in institutions (also known as Healthcare Facilities) including hospitals, clinics, primary care centers and other service delivery points.
a. If the member is retired or disabled the license is not required to be valid.
b. If the member has changed careers, but has proof of previous medical profession, they meet the requirement for full membership. However, that member must maintain a current CPR card.
IN ORDER TO BE RECOGNIZED AS A SUPPORT MEMBER WITHOUT VOTING RIGHTS, ONE MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Any person who wants to support the EMS ROADDOCS RC, but does not meet the requirements for full membership or does not want to become a Full Member is still welcome to join.
- The Support Member must file an application and submit required paperwork depending on State chapter.
a. A two-thirds vote is required by the Board of Directors to become a Support Member.
b. If approved for Support Member status the applicant becomes a Prospect (Art. III Sec. IV) until voted in as a full Support Member.
c. The Support Member will wear the “one piece” support patch that may be worn on the front or back.
d. If a Support Member that is unlicensed or uncertified as a medical professional they are not permitted to wear their club patch/vest unless in the presence of a medical licensed/certified Full Member.
IN ORDER TO BE RECOGNIZED AS AN HONORARY MEMBER WITHOUT VOTING RIGHTS, ONE MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- An Honorary Member is not required to file an application or required paperwork depending on State Chapter.
- An Honorary Member must be approved by the Board of Directors by a two-thirds vote. Honorary Members will not undergo the Prospect phase. However, specific rules and/or restrictions will be applied on an individual basis depending on the judgments of the Board of Directors. A “Code of Conduct” must be drafted and signed by the Honorary Member, President and Peacekeeper. Mandatory “Code of Conduct” regulations are as follows, but not limited to:
a. The Honorary Member will wear the “three piece” patch.
b. The Honorary Member may not wear their club patches without the presence of a Full Member.
c. The Honorary Member may not conduct business under the EMS ROADDOCS RC name unless approved by the Board and/or accompanied by a Full Member.
- The Honorary Member may remain with the club for as long as their State Chapter exists. If they choose to leave the club they must return their “three piece” patch to the Peacekeeper and submit a resignation letter.
If the Honorary Member violates their Code of Conduct or club by-laws. That member may be expelled from the club without written notice.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the EMS ROADDOCS TEXAS CHAPTER, please download and complete the application fully and email it to the Membership Administrator.
We look forward to meeting you in the very near future and welcoming you into the club as our newest brother/sister.